Economic status and Changing Pattern of Manipuri Cultural Activities
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal For Research In Social Science And Humanities | ISSN: 2208-2697
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The changing pattern of Manipuri cultural and ritual activities are highly reflecting in every activity. It implies where the general people expended earlier a little amount specially in marriage, rites and ritual death anniversary etc. Since the early primitive stage there had been rituals observed in connection with death of an individual. King Kangha observed the ritual by rganism a grand feast held in honour of the supreme ultimate Ancestor for his death forefathers. This was a time when the deaths were thrown only to be taken by a divinely bird kakyen Meengamba in the land of the deaths. Kangb’s future generations began to bury their deaths in a specified place Mongfam.
- Jhaljit R.K. Singha, '1987, "A History of Manip uri Literature" Imphal, Public Book Store.
- Khelchandra N, 2004, "Ariba Manipuri Suhityagi Itihas", Imphal, Uripok Ningthaujom Leikai.
- Kumar Wangkheimayum cha, 1994, "Meitei Meihourol Lichat “Sajat Laining” Imphal, Published by Wangkhemayumcha Kumar
- Kawmacha Khumanthem, Singha, 1980, "Manipur Itib rita " , Imphal, Published By - Khumanthem Ongbi Srimati Bimala Devi.
- Manimohon Karam Singha, 1989, "Hijam Irabot Singh and Political Movement in Man ip ur", Delhi, BR Publishing Corporation.
- Manihar Ch, Singh, 1996, "A History of Manipuri Literature", New Delhi, Shahitya Accadami.
- Nilkanta E. Singha, 1993, "Fragments of Manipuri Culture", New Delhi, Osmsons Publications.